How to run TCP Traceroute from Windows operating System? Well, While mac and linux operating system has default TCP tracing system, windows users has to take help of third party tools to get TCP Traceroute. But from where you can download the tools and how you will use those? Let me help you with that-
How to run TCP Traceroute from Windows operating System
Step 1: Install WinPcap Library
To install the WinPcap library, follow these steps:
1. Download the WinPcap library : https://www.winpcap.org/install/default.htm
2. Double-click on the downloaded executable file open it and start installation.
3. Click the Next button on the WinPcap Setup Wizard page:
Review the License agreement and click the I Agreebutton:
5. On the next page click the Installbutton:
Step 2: Download Tracetcp zip archive
- Go to this link to download: https://github.com/SimulatedSimian/tracetcp/releases
2. Once the archive is downloaded, extract the files from the .zip archive and move them to the C:\Windows\System32\folder:
Step 3: Now you can run TCP traceroute in the following way:
1. To open the Command Prompt (CMD), press Win + R. Run dialog box will be opened.
2. Type cmd and click on the OK button:
3. Type the command: tracetcp example.com
Replace example.com with your desired domain name or IP address.
4. Press Enter.
Take a screenshot of the result or mark and copy the result.